- BrandDr Infrared Heater
PELONIS PHTPU1501 Ceramic Tower 1500W Indoor Space Heater with Oscillation, Remote Control, Programmable Thermostat & 8H Timer, ECO Mode, Tip-Over Switch & Overheating Protection, WhiteView on Amazon
- BrandComfort Zone
Electric Infrared Space Heater, Quartz Heater for Indoor Use, Tip-Over & Overheat Protection with Remote Control, 3 Heat Settings, 12H Timer, 1500W for Large Room Basement HeatingView on Amazon
De'Longhi Convection Panel Heater, Full Room Quiet 1500W, Freestanding/Easy Install Wall Mount, LED Digital Display, Adjustable Thermostat, Timer, EcoEnergy Saving Mode, WhiteView on Amazon
Space heaters-Space heater for indoor use,protable electric heater with 3 power modes, 495 Sqft Coverage 1500w/1000w/ECO,Tip-over & Overheat Shut-off,40% Energy Saving,Infrared heaters for homeView on Amazon
- BrandAir Choice
Last update on 2021-12-06 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
What to Look For While Choosing Best Electric Heater for Large Rooms?
After a long tiring day at work, you come home, turn your electric heaters on to get a comfortable sleep but soon end up face to face with another uncomfortable evening because of cold. It happens even more frequently if you live in homes with high ceilings; so, you really ought to buy the best electric heater for large room or space with high ceilings. There are several factors that you should consider before deciding what type of electric heater is best for your house. Here are some of them.
- Thermostat: Buy an electric heater with a thermostat. Thermostats can sense the changes in temperature and turn the heat on or off according to the change of temperature. Some of them have special features like flashing light, timer and night vision. You can also find automatic switches, remote control and programmable thermostats.
- Space Heater Type: Choose from among three types of heating systems centralized heating, radiant heating and convection heating. Central heating system is used to distribute the hot air into the entire area, which includes your house. This system uses a boiler, heat pump and gas or oil furnaces. Radiant heating system uses fluid or air to transfer heat from one location to another and convection heating uses a fan to circulate warm air. If you want more convenience and comfort while using your heater, then you must go for central heating system. It offers several benefits. Firstly, it provides comfort in your home due to its lower energy consumption and adequate heat distribution. Moreover, it allows you to control the amount of heat that goes out and in and also provides safety and security to your family. Unlike portable space heaters, they are designed to be safe and durable and are made to last for many years.
- Heat Source: When buying a large room heater, make sure that it comes with a sufficient heating capacity, so that it does not leave out your pockets. Heaters with higher heating capacity consume less energy and provide you with a comfortable and cozy environment inside the house. They are designed to provide warm air to entire rooms. Some of the popular options are electric fireplace, gas fireplace, wood burning fireplace, infrared heater, wall unit and many more. Choose one according to your personal requirements and preferences.
- Heating Elements: There are various types of heating elements available and each has its own specific heating capacity, efficiency and other features. You have to choose the one that suits your heating needs and budget. One of the popular heating units is radiant barrier space heater, convection heater, electric heater and others. You can choose one depending upon the size of your room and the budget as well. The size of the room determines the size of the heater and it also determines the amount of power consumed by it.
- Heating Output: A large space heater comes with different heating output levels and these include high heat, standard heat and low heat. You have to choose the one that matches your heating requirements. Among all the heating methods mentioned above, most people prefer to use the low-cost low output radiant barrier heater. They are very safe and durable and also produce good amount of heat without any extra energy consumption. Moreover, they produce radiant heat even in smaller rooms. Due to this, they are preferred over other types of radiant barriers.
- Heating efficiency: Another important factor that you have to consider while choosing an electric heater for a larger room is the heating efficiency of the particular unit. The best units do not consume much power but are extremely efficient in retaining warmth and producing radiant heat. You have to ensure that the heaters produced a reasonably good amount of heat for the size of your room. This will make them perfect for rooms like bathrooms and kitchens that require high levels of heat.